Telecom Analytics in is a government-operated portal designed for the oversight of fraud-related concerns within the Telecom Department. Tafcop is an acronym representing Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection
In the past, acquiring a new SIM card was plagued by fraudulent activities, such as obtaining SIM cards under false identities. However, this issue has significantly diminished with the introduction of eKYC (electronic Know Your Customer) processes that include fingerprint verification.
To safeguard consumers against identity theft, the Government of India has launched the Telecom analytics portal, accessible at Tafcop dg telecom gov in. This platform closely monitors all Telecom Department-related activities. Users can visit the Telecom portal and effortlessly report inactive phone numbers they no longer use. Through this portal, telecom service providers are alerted to the issue and can take appropriate action, including blocking or deactivating the number. Virtually any concern related to your mobile number can be promptly addressed through this portal.
Advantages of Utilizing the Telecom Portal
When users log into the Portal, they not only have the opportunity to review the provided rules and regulations but also gain access to an array of advantages, which encompass:
- Limit of 9 phone numbers for individual users; any attempt to obtain an additional eSIM with the same identity triggers a notification on their mobile number. This functionality aids in detecting unauthorized use of their identity for SIM card purchases.
- Subscribers who have obtained more than 9 SIM cards can make use of the Portal to initiate necessary actions.
- Conveniently checking the status of their SIM cards by providing the requisite details.
The Taf cop Consumer portal offers a variety of services pertaining to TAF-COP. Among the services available through the portal are:
- Online submission of TAF-COP requests
- Monitoring the progress of TAF-COP requests
- Communication with relevant stakeholders
- Access to TAF-COP related documents and information
- Online payment of fees and charges
- Administration of TAF-COP related data